: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Arithmetic I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Australia by the Numbers: Working with Number and Place Value to Sharing Snacks #2: Dividing Whole Numbers, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Arithmetic I Activity Titles
- Australia by the Numbers: Working with Number and Place Value
- Borrowing Money: Working with Negative Integers
- Caring for Pets: Estimating by Rounding
- Coins in the United States: Working with Money
- Country Populations: Using Bar Graphs
- Fruit Snacks: Working with Averages
- Sharing Snacks: Dividing Whole Numbers
- Sharing Snacks #2: Dividing Whole Numbers
- South Africa by the Numbers: Working with Number and Place Value
- Website Visitors: Using Bar Graphs
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Measurement, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Back to list