: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals I
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Fractions, Percents, and Decimals I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Baking Cakes: Multiplying Fractions to Pieces of Chocolate #2: Adding and Subtracting Fractions, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals I Activity Titles
- Baking Cakes: Multiplying Fractions
- Children Making Money: Working with Fractions
- Cooking in the Kitchen: Multiplying Fractions
- Cooking in the Kitchen #2: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Counting Candy: Using Pie Charts
- Measuring Milk: Changing Units of Measure
- Pieces of Chocolate: Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Pieces of Chocolate #2: Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Shopping the Sale: Using Percents
- The Cost of Homemade Bread: Working with Fractions, Decimals, and Units
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Algebra, Measurement, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Back to list