: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals II
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Fractions, Percents, and Decimals II collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Body Temperature: Adding and Subtracting Decimals to Real Estate Investing - Palm Beach: Using Ratios to Analyze Deals, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals II Activity Titles
- Body Temperature: Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- College Basketball - Air Force: Working with Histograms
- College Basketball - BYU: Working with Histograms
- College Housing Costs: Using Ratios
- Exercise Activities: Working with Histograms
- Real Estate Investing - Kansas City: Using Ratios to Analyze Deals
- Real Estate Investing - Las Vegas: Using Ratios to Analyze Deals
- Real Estate Investing - Palm Beach: Using Ratios to Analyze Deals
- Sales Tax Changes: Working with Percents
- Sizing Images: Using Ratios
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Algebra, Measurement, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Back to list