: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Linear Functions I
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Linear Functions I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Choosing a Cell Phone Plan - T-Mobile: Investigating Linear Functions to Longer Life Spans: Using Linear Function Models, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Linear Functions I Activity Titles
- Choosing a Cell Phone Plan - T-Mobile: Investigating Linear Functions
- Choosing a Cell Phone Plan - Verizon: Investigating Linear Equations
- College Graduates - Michigan: Using Linear Function Models
- Converting Temperatures: Solving Linear Equations
- Government Nutrition Program - Alaska: Linear Function Modeling
- Government Nutrition Program - Hawaii: Linear Function Modeling
- Government Nutrition Program: Linear Function Modeling
- Longer Life Spans: Using Linear Function Models
- Making Money: Working with Direct Proportionality
- Yahoo! Music Downloads: Working with Linear Equations
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Algebra, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, College
Back to list