: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Linear Functions II
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Linear Functions II collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Counting Carbohydrates: Working with Linear Systems to Travel Options - Utah: Working with Linear Systems, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Linear Functions II Activity Titles
- Counting Carbohydrates: Working with Linear Systems
- Investing in Entertainment: Using Linear Programming
- Investing in Fast Food: Using Linear Programming
- Owning Part of a Clothing Company: Using Linear Programming
- Selling Nuts: Using Linear Functions Inequalities
- Travel Options - California: Working with Linear Systems
- Travel Options - Florida: Working with Linear Systems
- Travel Options - Utah: Working with Linear Systems
- Using Resources Wisely: Investigating Linear Programming
- Using Resources Wisely #2: Investigating Linear Programming
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Algebra, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, College
Back to list