: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Polynomial, Power, Logistic, Rational I
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Polynomial, Power, Logistic, Rational I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Europe Population: Using Quadratic and Cubic Models to Retail Market Analysis: Working with Rational Functions, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Polynomial, Power, Logistic, Rational I Activity Titles
- Europe Population: Using Quadratic and Cubic Models
- Female Height and Weight: Using Power Function Models
- Gaining Weight: Using Logistic Function Models
- Growing Your Own Money: Working with Rules of Exponents
- Growing Your Own Money #2: Working with Rules of Exponents
- Make It Real Learning: Working with Function Models
- Michigan Population: Modeling with Cubic Functions
- Retail Market Analysis: Working with Rational Functions
- Social Security Concerns: Using Regression and Rational Functions
- Teen Pregnancy: Investigating Cubic Functions
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Measurement, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, College
Back to list