: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Quadratic Functions I
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Quadratic Functions I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Autism Awareness: Creating and Using Quadratic Models to Falling Objects - Sears Tower: Working with Quadratics, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Quadratic Functions I Activity Titles
- Autism Awareness: Creating and Using Quadratic Models
- Autism Awareness: Solving Quadratic Equations
- Business Growth - USAA: Quadratic Function Modeling
- Changing Population - Kentucky: Doing Data Analysis and Modeling
- Changing Population - New York: Modeling with Quadratics
- Changing Population - South Carolina: Doing Data Analysis and Modeling
- Falling Objects - Empire State Building: Working with Quadratics
- Falling Objects - Sears Tower: Working with Quadratics
- United States Population: Using Quadratic Models
- Using the Body Mass Index Formula: Solving Equations
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Algebra, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, College
Back to list