: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Sets, Probability, Statistics I
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Sets, Probability, Statistics I collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Fruit Snacks: Using Mean, Median, and Mode to Playing Pig: Using Expected Value, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Sets, Probability, Statistics I Activity Titles
- Fruit Snacks: Using Mean, Median, and Mode
- Fruit Snacks: Using Probability
- Kinds of Candy Bars: Working with Sets
- Menu Choices: Working with Combinations
- Phone Numbers: Using Principles of Counting
- Picking Plates - Canada: Using Principles of Counting
- Picking Plates - United States: Using Permutations
- Playing Pig: Using Expected Value
- Playing Soccer: Using Combinations and Probability
- Rolling the Dice: Using Probability
Standards targeted: Number and Operations, Data Analysis and Probability
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Back to list