: mysql_connect(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
Sets, Probability, Statistics II
"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question!
The Make It Real Learning Sets, Probability, Statistics II collection contains 10 real-world math activities that demonstrate everyday applications of mathematics. From Olympic Medals: Using Venn Diagrams to Fun With Batting Averages: Understanding Simpson's Paradox, the activities provide learners with valuable life skills in addition to mathematical understanding. Rest assured that each activity integrates real world information not just "realistic" data.
Sets, Probability, Statistics II Activity Titles
- Olympic Medals: Using Venn Diagrams
- Los Angeles Angels' Salaries: Working with the Measures of Central Tendency
- Average Athletics: Working with the Meaning of Mean (Average)
- Media Headlines: Understanding Bias
- Greatest Home Run Hitter Ever: Working with Box and Whisker Plots
- Student Grades: Understanding Correlation and Causation
- Wearing Eye Glasses: Working with Confidence Intervals
- Fun With Batting Averages: Understanding Simpson's Paradox
- Determining Student Grades: Working with Linear Models
- Body Weights and Heights: Working with Linear Models
Standards targeted: Activities are mapped to common core standards. Click for detail.
Grade Levels: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Back to list